In our last blog post, “Why Facebook Shouldn’t Take The Place of a Website” we discussed several points as to why this holds true. Of all the reasons mentioned, the most essential is the Search Engine Optimization services exclusive to professional websites.
Sometimes it is difficult as a small business owner to recognize the importance of having a strong SEO driven website. We have researched some current statistics that will help you better understand its value.
- 93% of online experiences begin with a search engine.
- Google owns 65-70% of the search engine market share.
- 70% of the links search users click on, are organic.
- 70-80% of users ignore the paid ads, focusing on the organic results.
- 75% of users never scroll past the first page of search results.
- Search is the #1 driver of traffic to content sites, beating social media by more than 300%
- SEO leads have a 14.6% close rate, while outbound leads (such as direct mail or print advertising) have a 1.7% close rate.
- For Google, 18% of organic clicks go to the #1 position, 10% of organic clicks go to the #2 position, and 7% of organic clicks go to the #3 position.
As you can see, having your company’s website ranked high on major search engines, primarily Google, is the leading source of a presence on the web. The extremely high percentage of search engine based user experiences should be difficult to ignore when thinking about only using Facebook. If your company is one of the many who’ve decided that a Facebook is comparable to a company website, hopefully these statistics have changed your mind.